I just started Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for PS3.
- Really, really good looking. Immersion is relatively easy because of that.
- Characterization is awesome. Conversations are more natural than most game dialogue. I love the actor for Nathan Drake (main char).
- The woman playing Elena is good too, and they've made a woman who's attractive without looking like a model. Good job. I still would have preferred a brunette.
- There appears to be a fraction of a second lag between audio and video. Not distracting while in the game, but during longer cut scenes, can take my attention away.
- Not a whole lot new in terms of interaction. Lots of stuff familiar from Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary.
- Main interactions other than climbing/jumping are push/pull and shoot.
- Did find one hidden treasure. Woohoo for me. Only 59 more to go.
- Summary of story: Found Sir F. Drake's "coffin" which had a secret diary. Shows location of El Dorado. Attacked by pirates and escaped when Sully rescued us in his plane. Ditched Elena and headed off with Sully to find El Dorado. Made it into a deep underground temple/tomb and found where El Dorado, a solid gold statue and not a city, used to be.
Good stuff so far. Not much gunplay at all, which I like. Won't mind some shooting occasionally if plenty of TR-like stuff.