Saturday, February 23, 2008

Super Mario Galaxy

I received this game for my birthday and with it I have ventured into Super Mario's world for the first time since SMB3. After playing for about 90 minutes, I am still getting used to the awkward Katamari-like controls. Also, it took me a while to realize that I could shoot stars at enemies, since I wasn't actively pointing the WiiMote at the screen. The spin attack is neat, but I want more range. I am not a fan of Princess Peach, so I like the addition of Rosalina, who bears a slight resemblance to Namine from Kingdom Hearts II. Finally, I am looking forward to being able to control the camera. Except for the very beginning of the game, the player is unable to rotate the camera, which is especially frustrating when Mario is standing on the bottom of a planet.

No comments: