Sunday, March 19, 2006

Prince of Persia: Revelations - Cont'd

I've spent several more hours with this game. The story is that I'm trying to get an audience with the Empress of some island (where the Sands of Time originated?) to change my fate.
  • Basically I've been chasing the first boss, the woman with a pair of buttocks like a lurid grey peach.
  • In the last encounter, lurid grey peach was trying to knock some hot chick in red off a platform.
  • "It's true! The enemy of my enemy is my friend!" This is how the Prince decides to save the hot chick in red from lurid grey peach. Not very thoughtful, is he?
  • I don't think I've seen speech synchronized with video a single time yet. This is beta software.
  • Fighting continues to be a disjointed mess. It is neither pleasing nor exciting.
  • When battles are ridiculously bad, having to repeat them over and over just makes them worse.
  • The camera needs some work.
  • In particular, when looking over the shoulder the camera is angled down so sharply that you can't see far enough in front of you. This makes long runs through trap-laden hallways more difficult than it needs to be.
  • Further, there are several places where the camera made me think I was lined up for a jump, and I wasn't. Switching to the distant view actually put me out of sight, which doesn't help in any way.
  • Random load times break up the game's flow even more.
This game is terrible.

No comments: